Saturday, October 31, 2009

David Loring: Halloween expert.

So, a couple of days ago, at a Pfadfindern (kinda like boy scouts but with girls and continuing membership after 18... I've been meaning to write something about them.) I was asked by one of the guys if I wanted to do an interview for radio about Halloween in America. I said "yes, why not" in the reflexive manner I have developed here, and so last Wednesday I asked my host mother to drive me to the "Haus der Jungend" and made a live interview for Radio 1ahr. here it is:



Now the disclaimers: Radio 1ahr is not a radio-waves radio station, but a little internet-radio site, really more of a show. They do a two-hour show every two weeks on wednesday, with music, news, a couple of dj-types who talk nervously, and sometimes special topics. It starts at 18:00 local time, I believe, if you wanted to listen. This is just my interview, but I have the whole thing, and if people want to listen to it, just comment. In fact, comment even if you don't want to hear two hours of low-bitrate music and talking, because I like getting comments and they keep me posting new stuff to this blog and that's good for everyone, right?

2 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that you can make people laugh in German. And you are able to re-cycle that old Harry Potter story for a new language and culture.

    Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach, du bist ein mensch! Es beruhigt mich, diene Stimme im Radio hoeren. Who knew you were an international expert on halloween?

    ReplyDelete